Monday, January 9, 2017

Provo City Center Temple


The Provo City Center Temple is really special.  I have lots of memories of coming  to the tabernacle for various choir performances or other events.  So it was really neat to be able to go inside and see how it has been transformed.

Robyn and I did this temple as part of our Anniversary trip in October.  (I know, I'm really slow about updating this blog.)  It was super neat to see not only how the inside has transformed, but the outside as well.  The underground parking was particularly interesting, with the main entrance to the temple being underground.  I don't think I've ever entered through an underground entrance before.  (The Salt Lake temple has an above ground entrance that sends you underground to get to the temple, but that's the closest I can think of.)

As I was in this temple I spent a lot of time thinking about transformation.  The temple has transformed from a tabernacle into something greater.  I think each of us go through that transformation in our lives.  It's excited to think that the temple itself aids us in our transformation as we try to become more like our Heavenly Father.  It truly is an amazing place.




The underground entrance

A selfie in front of the entrance.  Sorry it's so dark.


View a gallery of this temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment