Friday, November 19, 2010

Draper Utah Temple

The Draper Temple reminded me of some of the castles we visited in Germany.  It is nestled in the mountains in a beautiful area.  Of course, the temple itself is quite beautiful as well.

When we visited this temple, Robyn and I had the opportunity to be the witness couple for the first time.  (There is one couple that is at the front that kneels at the altar on behalf of all those gathered there.)  It was a truly neat experience.  Of course, the ceremony is the same for everyone, but I learned some new things in being able to hold that capacity.  I also thought it was very interesting that when we were asked to be the witness couple, the worker who we spoke with made sure to ask me to walk my wife back to her seat when we were done.  I don't think that walking her to her seat is necessarily part of the ordinance, but I did think it was interesting that he would think about that and think that was important.  I guess it shows how important it is for us to respect our wives and honor them.  I hope I give Robyn the honor she deserves.  I certainly try to, but I think that was the biggest thing I learned in visiting the temple on this particular day.

This temple was also fun because it has a Telestial room that has a beautiful mural of the mountains and glorious landscape.  I really enjoyed the beauty of this temple and came out with a desire to be a better husband.  Here are some pictures we took at this temple.







View a gallery of this temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment