Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brigham City Utah Temple


The Brigham City Temple is a special little temple.  It is small enough that you need reservations to go to any session.  When you arrive at the front desk they check your reservation and give you a little wooden card that says what session you are in.  Robyn thought the little cards were very cute.  Naturally, I left the little card in the dressing room when I changed my clothes, so I had to go back and grab it to get into the session.

The ordinance rooms are very small.  I would estimate they seat about 50 people.  The celestial room has a different shape.  When you first walk in, you are in a really small room with just about 4 seats.  At first, I thought that was it, but I realized there was a larger room adjoining it.  The larger room is still not very large. There is room for maybe 20 people to sit down.  It has a beautiful chandelier in the center of the room and a fairly high ceiling.

One thing that was neat about this temple, was that we had been able to stop by and see it under construction when we went to the Logan Temple.
At this point, the temple was just a hollow shell.

My wife and I at the temple construction site.
Of course, now it's all completed.  The grounds are beautiful and there is no construction equipment.
You can't really see the sign above, but it's easier to read in the closeup below
Holiness to the Lord.  The House of the Lord

Playing with the fisheye lense

I really liked the waving flag in this pic





Robyn really liked these windows.

View a gallery of this temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment