Friday, October 22, 2010

Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple

The Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple was the first temple I ever was able to go inside. It is where I was originally endowed prior to my mission. It wouldn't be appropriate to write about my first endowment experience without showing a picture of the preciousness.
This is me with various members of my family on the steps of the Timpanogos Temple.  Looking back on it, I think I could have been more prepared.  I didn't have a full understanding of what an incredible blessing it is to be able to enter our Lord's house..  Luckily, I have been able to go back many times and gain greater clarity on what I was taught that day.  Since then I've begun to understand what we are taught in the temple.  I've developed a deep gratitude for the ordinances that we receive.

The Timpanogos temple will always be "my temple."  In addition to receiving my endowment there, I was married there as well.  I'll never forget the moment as I knelt across the altar from my lovely bride.  The sealer (my wife's grandfather) spoke to us about the eternal covenant we were making to each other and then he sealed us as husband and wife for time and all eternity.  I am so grateful that we have the blessing of eternal marriage.  I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father has allowed his authority and his "keys" to be given to those of us here on earth so that, as it says in (Matt. 16:19) whatever is bound on earth, shall be bound in Heaven.  Robyn and I were bound in marriage, and that binding will be valid in Heaven as well, allowing us to be husband and wife for all eternity.  What a miracle!

The rest of the pictures are of my wedding day.  If you can't handle the cuteness of the bride and groom, be not afraid; I was only married once so this is the only temple that will have my wedding pictures.



View a gallery of this temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment